Great talk on October 23 at the Historisches Kolleg in Munich read full news
– I talked about my ideas for my new project on denazification and the Catholic Church – very interested audience and good turnout. Special Thanks to Prof. Andreas Wirsching (Institute for Contemporary History – Munich) for introducing me and moderating the evening.
November 19: Looking forward to my talk at the Museum of Jewish Heritage in NY read full news
On November 19, 2017 I will talk at the Museum of Jewish Heritage in New York – Escaping Nuremberg: How Nazi Perpetrators Fled Justice
- Looking forward to my fellowship at the Historische Kolleg in Munich fall of 2017/18 read full news
Starting my residency at the Bogliasco Foundation near Genoa Sept/Oct 2017 read full news
What a great place to work on research!
- 6 short questions about Humanitarians at War by History Net read full news
Jahrbuch Mauthausen was just published read full news
I am honored to contribute to the Jahrbuch Mauthausen 2016 (published by the Documentation Center/Mauthausen Memorial) with an article about Austria and the escape of Nazis and Holocaust perpetrators. Mauthausen was the largest concentration camp on Austrian territory.
Radio interview about Humanitarians at War is now online read full news
The role of the International Committee of the Red Cross during WWII is complicated. Closely bound to Switzerland the ICRC tried to remain neutral whilst at the same time operating with in the boundaries of the Geneva Conventions. Criticised for its failure to speak out during the Holocaust as the war came to a close … Continue reading Radio interview about Humanitarians at War is now online
- May 4, 2017: Presentation of my new book “Humanitarians at War” at the University of Stockholm read full news
- February 23, 2018: Lecture about the The Red Cross in the Shadow of the Holocaust at the University of Vermont read full news
- April 3-4, 2017: Holocaust Conference at Royal Holloway (London) in honor of David Cesarani, who passed away much too young. He was a great inspiration. I am very much looking forward to meeting colleagues and friends again. read full news
- French-speaking friends – here is my latest interview for French TV about the leadership of the Catholic Church and the Holocaust (2016) read full news
- February 19, 2017: Looking forward to my talk at Beth El Synagogue in Omaha about Humanitarians and the Holocaust read full news